CurriculumSong Jing (松經)
Solo Forms (太極拳架)
- Five sunken energy works (Huang's song shen wu fa
- Tai Chi walking exercises (太極行功)
Sensitivity training (聽勁練習)
- Ye Xiu Ting's combat-oriented variation of the 37 steps
- Ye Xiu Ting's lower hand Tai Chi Chuan 18 steps
- Yang style Taichi 108 traditional form
- San Shou A and B forms (太極拳散手對拆)
- Tok Seng Gim's applied Tai Chi Chuan fighting form (San
- Self defence applications of form techniques.
- Tui Shou (pushing hands -太極推手)
Partner work with numerous two-person exercises incorporating:
Peng (ward-off), Lu (roll away), Ji (press) and An (push),
single, fixed, Double, moving and free style sensing hands
- Ta Lu (cornering exercises -moving step pushing hands
- The four techniques of Cai (to
pull down 採), Lie (to separate 挒)
- Zhou (strike with elbow 肘) and Kao
(strike with shoulder靠)
- Staff forms (Feng Yang staff-鳳陽棍)
- Solo and two person pole forms
with self defence applications.
- Broadsword (Tai Chi Dao -太極刀)
- Solo from and defence applications
with the sword, including dynamic partner practice with single
- Double edge Sword (Tai Chi Jian -太極劍)
- Solo form and defence application
taught using single stick.
Thanks to Sifu Lun Yeung Law ( 羅倫讓 ), Principal of the Melbourne
Cheng Man Ching Tai Chi Quan Study Association ( 澳大利亞墨爾本鄭子太極拳研究會 )
for help with Chinese language, characters and names.